September 26, 2008

No longer a hermit

Well, I haven't updated in a while cause I've been tired and the reason is...

I am back at work. It hasn't been easy after being off for a year. And going back was a really hard decision. I told myself I wouldn't set foot in a cubicle again, but it was just too risky at this point. After all, outside of the world of fiction, we do need to pay the bills.

But I do feel grateful to have a good job. And they agreed to part time (3 days a week), so that I can have my Monday's and Friday's to work on my writing. Today I got up and went to a coffee shop and wrote all morning. Now I'm back home typing it all up...okay I'm procrastinating a wee bit with this blog, but only a wee bit.

The hardest things about being back at work are:

1. Getting up early. I think I forgot how to do that.
2. Functioning all day after getting up so early. I am a caffeine free person -- its just never agreed with me, but man it's hard to avoid coffee, tea and chocolate when you are trying to not fall asleep at your desk.
3. Office politics. No explanation required.

The upside:

1. Millions of screenplay ideas after only 3 days back. This far outweighs the 3 cons above.
2. No longer leading a hermit type existence. Is this a pro or a con? You decide.

I actually feel really positive. I've received great feedback on my writing and now plan to write like mad for a year. Next year I pound the pavement. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back! I've been up to no good too. Go check out my last few entries (the ones with pics).