April 13, 2008

I feel good

So last night I checked my email when I got home and was delighted to read that a Spec TV script I wrote made the semi-finals of a Spec TV writing competition! YAY me!!!

I was totally not expecting this and really needed the moral boost as the last 2 weeks of my life have been hell.

They announce the finalists this week, so please cross your fingers for me. But honestly, even making it this far makes me feel good.

On another note, my beautiful dog was such a sweetie today. It was really windy and the front door blew open. This is very very bad when it comes to my doggie. She's a husky - very well trained inside but when it comes to outside she is as free as a wolf, A.K.A. if she gets loose outside we may never get her back.

Anyway, as I raced toward her, she looked at me, then walked out the door. I started calling her, my heart was racing, I pictured us searching for her night and day, putting up lost dog posters, the whole nine-yards, but a miraculous thing happened....she immediately ran back to me. She's getting soft in her old age but I like it.

I feel good today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky. I've never had a dog that would come when I called.