April 29, 2008

Networking

This week was full of networking...

It started with a nomination I received for a screenplay award which was presented at a new club downtown. I got to hear the announcer read my name and talk about my script while I turned crimson. Didn't win but the nomination in itself was nice.

I spent the evening talking to people in the "Biz." A local director showed interest in one of my short scripts, so I've put a third draft together and plan to send it off to her tonight.

I was then invited to another "Biz" party. I'm an introvert and wasn't sure what the point of even going was. I'd probably sit in the corner like a wallflower all night....but once again I surprised myself by talking to a local producer about my script. We talked for an hour which I think was a pretty good sign.

But I am just not a party gal. I'm most at home hiking with my dog, staying home and watching a movie or TV...pretty boring stuff.

Today I entered two competitions - Nicholl and Austin.

School is OVER! And I am left with mixed emotions. I was so friggin exhausted but the thought of going back to work is not so good. I have three weeks off and I plan to do some heavy R and R after the following boring stuff:

my taxes
cleaning - my bedroom is piled high with clothes - I haven't cleaned in almost 6 weeks.
And as if I haven't had enough, I signed up for a one week script marketing course so that I can start marketing this sucker that has consumed my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not the party type either. I'm musch happier out hiking too, or sitting at home watching a good movie.