July 2, 2008

Firecrackers, dogs and other stuff

Last night, the neighbourhood fireworks were at their craziest causing our dog (you may recall she has a real phobia) to go even crazier. She was panting, pacing and hiding in the basement.

I forced her into the backyard so she could face her fear. The vet had told us she needed exposure therapy, but she squealed so loud, it sounded like she was being slaughtered, so we had to bring her in. We then took her for a walk and actually showed her the fireworks. This did nothing to minimize the fear.

She's really no different than a person taking a panic attack. Your convinced your not safe and your going to die and no amount of reasoning will make you think otherwise. I hate to see my baby suffer so.

In brighter news, I found out this a.m. that I'm a quarter finalist in the Bluecat screenwriting competition. I was really surprised on this one and thrilled! Keep em coming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor dog! :)
Glad you found my poetry blog. How do you like my work?