February 7, 2008

Burning up

I woke up super early to find out the house was over 30 degrees - I'm talking celsuis here. I was under a sheet, and thick duvet, so as you can imagine I felt like I was in an oven. Turns out the batteries were lo on the thermostat, causing the furnace to continue to go up and up and up.

I changed the batteries, but an hour later it was still at 30 degrees. So I called the oncall emergency pager guy, and was told it would probably go down a degree every 90 minutes or so. GEEZ! Slow furnace! So now, it's 1 pm, I'm leaving the house and it is at 26 degrees.

I hope huanne can survive it in her double layer of fur. Poor baby.

The worst part is how dumb I must have sounded explaining what I saw on my thermostat to the on-call guy. I mean I'm smart but I don't have a technical bone in my body. My explanations were like, 'ummm beside the little picture of fire there's this other thingy...and beside the red button, there's a circle - should that be there?' the poor guy was very patient and nice, but I'm sure he was thinking, 'what an idiot.'

The good news, was that the heat woke me up extra early...well early for a night owl like me...and I actually wrote the outline for a short script that I will be filming myself next week. Of course, I was so delusional that once the heat comes down I may find it to be crap.

1 comment:

Gnomencandle said...

ouch.. every time i go away we have furnace issue!!