November 1, 2007

Ding and Ditch

Is there such a phrase as ' Ding and Ditch'? Just wonderin cause I used it last night and Will looked at me like I have two heads and was like, ummm, sweetie, what does that mean?

It was of course Halloween night and our front steps are closed off because of work we are having done so Will and I stood out on the sidewalk in front of our house to hand out candy to the kids.

By 8pm trick or treating seemed over so we shut down for the night. I was watching 'Private Practice' and Will was working on his art when I heard the doorbell. So I went to the door and no one was there.

This happened 4 more times. Invisible Hooligans I tell you. But better than our house getting egged.

Anyway, 'Ding and Ditch.' Anyone else familiar with this term??? Or did I just make it up???

2 comments:

ruby said...

we called it ding dong ditch! hee.

Anonymous said...

Ding and ditch is a classic...right up there with toilet paper and trees and as mentioned...egging the house!