November 24, 2007

looking for a narrator and other stuff...

So last night I finished editing my documentary. I think I did a good job at telling the story and the shots aren't bad considering:

- it was the first time I have ever held a video camera in my life.
- my teacher doesn't know how to use my editing software so I had to teach myself -- and well anyone who knows me knows that I am so not a techie at all!

The part I hate is my narration. I sound way to much like a news reporter which really does not fit the tone of the piece at all. So now-- I am trying to recruit someone to narrate it so I can cut myself out of the damn thing. Surprisingly, I've had two takers so far. Turns out a lot of people love hearing themselves on tape and the chance to be a voice movie star. LOL.

I think it would be great if I let my dog do it -- in her howly voice -- we might not be able to make it out but it would add so much to the piece. :)

On other news, the director for my short should be contacting me this upcoming week. They start casting soon. Surprisingly I get to be involved in the process the whole way through -- I see lots of rewrites in my future but I prefer that to handing over my script and having no say in the final product.

No comments: