November 8, 2007

She'll have to stay an only dog

So, yesterday I was asked to review some websites...so of course given my love of animals I picked the humane society website. And, of course, I had take a quick look at the profiles of dogs for adoption. You can't go to the site without looking at the dogie pictures.

And guess what happened? I saw the perfect playmate for HuAnne. He has the same ears as she does and well I'm in love. So last night I tried to convince Will...he had to remind me of a few things:

Our dog HuAnne is a 40 lb Siberian Husky. Once, we looked after our friends dog for a few weeks. He was a male and bigger than Huanne. HuAnne did not like him at all and even though he was bigger by 15 lbs, god damn it, she was going to show her dominance. So she started eating like crazy and gained 6 lbs in only a few days. They fought constantly -- blood was shed. It wasn't pretty.

She's been an only dog for 8 years now and as much as I really really want another, I just don't think it would work out. **SIGH** But I do love my HuAnne.