January 3, 2008

Let down

I had been looking forward to seeing Juno all holiday. Yesterday, we finally saw it. Of course it was only showing in the smallest theatre...

Anyways, it let me down.

What I liked:

the witty dialogue

Ellen page. I mean, she is from my home town.

What I didn't like:

the fact the majority of the characters especially the teenagers were completely unemotional and well I have yet to meet an unemotional teenager.

the subplots were lacking.

where was the dimension?

Will loved it. As long as something makes him laugh he gives it a thumbs up.

Anyways, I'm not saying I hated it. I had the whole thing worked up in my mind as the movie of the year or something and I guess with expectations that high I should have seen it coming. Note to self: New Years resolution - lower expectations.

No comments: