September 19, 2007

Safety in numbers?

The whole "Safety in numbers" thing is supposed to apply to physical safety. So why exactly is it that our mind sometimes expands it to include things that just aren't logical? You know, like applying it to a problem you have in common with a "number" of people, isn't logical, cause it doesn't mean you are any less screwed...really, it doesn't.

Last week a classmate said that she felt like she had like missed a month of classes, didn't know whether she was coming or going. And when she said it I fsuddenly felt releived cause I thought I was the only one feeling that way.

But then when I was walking to my car at the end of the day I thought why does the fact that a second person is lost make me feel better? Is it like single people who don't feel bad about it as long as at least one of their good friends is also single because they can reassure themselves that they can be spinsters together???

Why does finding out someone else is suffering make it any better?

All I can say is thank god that was last week. This week I'm on top of things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.