August 7, 2007

Rusty nail meets his maker on the bus from La Jolla

Ok, now I know exactly why I don't take the bus at home...

Picture this. We spend a nice afternoon at La Jolla beach and are headed back to our B & B on the bus when this man gets on. He is sweaty, loud, repulsive, carrying lots of boxes and sits at the front of the bus with a handful of huffs and puffs, on one of these seats that is reserved for the elderly, pregnant and children. He starts to talk to no one in particular and my hubby pinches me because he sounds exactly like 'rusty nail' from the movie Joy Ride.

Next stop, this crazy guy gets on. He sits across from rusty nail and starts talking to himself. Then he looks around at the same time my husband happens to be looking in his direction - wrong place to look at the wrong time, eyes lock and the guy zeros in on hubby. He starts to swear and scream at my hubby, his eyes a blaze and all I can think is "wholly shit".

Then rusty nail miraculously saves the day when he jumps in and bellows back "excuse me, what did you say?" The two start yelling, rusty nail wants to be the tough guy, how dare someone try to steal his thunder. They start this weird war full of facial gymnastics that believe it or not include a blowfish face. Then one karate chops the air, the other flips him off a few times. I swear we were in the twilight zone.

After the fight, the man starts glaring and swearing at hubby again. So what did we do? We got off the bus 5 stops earlier and walked the rest of the way of course. Did you think we had a death wish?

2 comments:

Mawrter4 said...

Haha, you've met the California crazies! I'm so proud.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! LMAO