August 29, 2007

Scammed!

I joined the Columbia House DVD club 2 months ago which was a very foolish thing to do. Everyone warned me against it too, but did I listen? If I had, there would be no need for me to write this post.

They send you something in the mail telling you what this months directors choice is. If you don't want it, you check off the no box and mail it back to them. If they don't hear from you, they send you the movie and charge you for it. It's a pain but straight foward right? WRONG!

Well 3 weeks ago they emailed me and said I could start responding by email. I did. I responded 'No'

Apparently responding 'No' by email is not the same as responding 'No' through the regular mail. Today a movie I said No to was in my mailbox. Now it's the movie 300 and Will and I did miss it when it was in the theatre but they charged me $37.21. Give me a break. I could buy it for half that price at best buy.

I should have listened. But I wanted movies.

I'm sending it back and next time when friends tell me something is a bad idea I swear I will listen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Columbia House is not all that bad. You have to know how it works and be willing to get feisty but usually the best deal is to sign up, get all that free stuff they send you and then cancel as soon as your commitment is honoured. Keep doing this and it is a sure way to win with those FREAKS. They count on people giving up and taking the stuff they send by "error" just show them you care more and you can win the Columbia house game!

c-kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
c-kat said...

Oh believe me, I'm not afraid to get fiesty. I sent it back today.