August 27, 2007

suzy homemaker

The last few weeks Will has been back at work and I've been off relaxing, awaiting the start of school next Tuesday.

We've always been a two income household and not working, while wonderful, feels very strange.

Will loves it. We used to eat really late by the time we came home from work and worked out etc. Now, he comes home to find dinner ready at 5:30 and sometimes dessert too. The laundry is done, the yard looks meticulous. Need I say that I've turned into a little miss suzy homemaker. And it really isn't my style at all. It's isolating and I don't like cooking, I don't like cleaning so when I'm back to work next year I plan to hire someone to do it all. :) In my dreams, anyway.

Plus, I should be writing. Today I did a whole 6 hours of it but sometimes I get distracted, it isn't my fault really, the TV keeps calling my name, so do blogs and websites. :)

Next week I'm giving him the apron and will be offically on strike from domestic duties for the next 8 months. Now that will be bliss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a good time writing when I was on vacation but I find the distraction of modern day life (television, internet etc...) to be horrible for the imagination. I recomend writing in a coffee shop, for some reason, I am always inspired there!