August 28, 2007

Orientation

Just got back from orientation. It was very interesting!

For one thing an internship was added to term 2 so we will get to work for a local production house. YIPEE!!!

Secondly, there is a lot of scriptwriting work in this city that would easily allow someone to bring in 6 figures. I was really suprised by this. I am still interested in heading to the U.S. but this will give me another option.

Thirdly - this is going to be a lot of work. A lot of people will be using work already comnpleted and will just workshop it in class. I will be starting from scratch, as I don't want to use my existing screenplays, so I have a lot of work cut out for me.

Required projects include:

Spec TV show
original TV pilot
short treatment
full length treatment
full length screenplay 1st and 2nd drafts
3 Act play
Radio program
New Media broadcast
Training Video

This is in addition to weekly assignments, reveiwing peoples scripts, exams and time spent pitching to industry professionals.

Fourth - we will be picthing to some really cool compaines in T.O.

It's gonna be a very busy 8 months!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, but you LOVE IT though!

It is good that you get to pitch your ideas locally, you may be surprised at the good work that Canada is doing in the arts. Look at UBISOFT in Montréal, they are doing quite well!